Since 1997, the National Federation of Filipino American Associations (NaFFAA) has been the standard bearer for promoting the welfare and well-being of all Filipinos and Filipino-Americans throughout the United States. As a non-partisan and non-profit organization, NaFFAA is the largest national affiliation of Filipino American institutions, umbrella organizations and individuals. Its thirteen-member regions cover the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, the Marianas Islands, and American Samoa.
NaFFAA’s Primary Objectives:
- Promote active participation of Filipino Americans in civic and national affairs and in all other aspects of mainstream America.
- Promote awareness of Filipino American contributions to social, economic, cultural and political life in the United States.
- Securing social justice, equal opportunity and fair treatment of Filipino Americans through advocacy and legislative and policy initiatives at all levels of government.
- Strengthening community institutions that promote the cultural heritage of Filipinos.
- Eliminating prejudices, stereotypes and ignorance of Filipino Americans.
The National Federation of Filipino American Associations (NaFFAA) conducts several programs aimed at promoting the welfare and well-being of all Filipinos and Filipino-Americans in the United States. As a private, non-profit, non-partisan tax-exempt organization, NaFFAA partners with local affiliate organizations and national coalitions in advocating for issues of common concern.
- Establishing networking opportunities between and among Filipino American organizations to promote community building and sustain the Filipino bayanihan spirit.
Advocacies, Applied Research, and Policy Analysis
- Crafting a unified disposition on issues affecting Filipino Americans in the areas of education, immigration, health, employment and training, civil rights, youth, and the elderly. Current NaFFAA advocacies include SAVE Our Industries Act; Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act; Medicare-Medicaid portability issues; legal defense initiatives; and immigration reform.
Political Education, Leadership, and Candidate Development
- Political education, registration, Get-Out-the-Vote (GOTV) campaigns, creating specialized venues to prepare interested and qualified Filipino Americans that are in pursuit of public service positions.
- Developing opportunities to enhance business skills of Filipino Americans to stimulate Economic Development.
- Educating Filipino Americans to maximize active involvement in the electoral process through acquiring citizenship, voter registration, and GOTV campaigns.
Scholarship and Youth Assistance
- Assisting Filipino-American youth’s access to information on scholarships, education grants, and other available financial support.
National Resource Directory
- Maintaining a directory of elected and appointed public officials at all levels of government, Filipino individuals and Filipino American organizations and businesses across America.
11th National Empowerment Conference Corporate Sponsors
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.