NaFFAA Invites Qualified Applicants to Apply for Alex Esclamado Scholarships
The National Federation of Filipino American Associations (NaFFAA) invites qualified applicants to apply for the Alex Esclamado Scholarship Grant Program for Human Services. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be Filipino or Filipino of descent residing anywhere in the United States
- Currently registered in second year in college pursuing a Bachelor’s degree program in Human Services field (may include degree program in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, etc.)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 Scale in the first year of college
- Submit one (1) Letter of Recommendation from an authorized officer of a community service organization (or church or civic organization) that can attest to the applicant’s on-going involvement
- Submit an essay in one of the following topics:
- Alex Esclamado’s vision was to encourage the active participation of Filipinos in America in this country’s political and economic life. Why is civic engagement, such as voting in elections or running for public office, important for the Filipino American community?
- Do you agree with the observation that Filipino Americans are “invisible” in the American mainstream? Explain why you agree, or disagree and provide your thoughts on how best to enhance our presence in this country.
- How would you strengthen the Filipino American community?